Thursday, 10 August 2017

Emily's Photography Passion Project

Photography Passion Project

My Goal & Purpose:
My goal for Passion Project is to learn how to make a photo frame and to frame some portrait photos that I have taken. I decided to do photography as part of my Passion project because I really enjoy taking photos of my family. Lots of people have done photography as their Passion Project before and I thought it would be cool to learn how to make a Photo frame to frame some of my photos to extend myself.


The Create Process:
I have been going to a weekly photography class taught by Jo Grams, our school photographer. We have recently been set the task of photographing certain attributes displayed at a school house session. I am really excited to be taking photos of my tribe. A few weeks ago I went on a four week Photo Frame Making Course. At the end of the course I had learnt so much and has made over 5 photo frames.


This photo was taken at school using the manual setting on my camera:

What I’ve learnt So Far:
At the photography class I learnt how take a good photo using manual setting on my camera. I learnt heaps about aperture, ISO and shutter speed because at the beginning I had no clue what any of them were. I have learnt a bit about nightlife photography and portrait photography. I really enjoy exploring different photography styles. I also like using a tripod to blur the background in portrait photography.


During my first photo frame making lesson I learnt what mouldings are, how to cut mouldings, how to use a Stanley Saw, how to use a Mitre Box, the cheapest and easiest way to join a frame together, the cheapest and easiest way to clamp a frame together, how long to leave the tape on a frame, how long it takes for the glue to set, what V-nails are, how to use a V-nail press, the best and cheapest way to get a V-nail into you photo frame, how to cut the mat, the best mat cutter, how to cut a backing board, how to use a sander, where the best place is to get all the materials. On my second lesson I learnt what happens if you don’t make it an exact 45 degree cut using the Stanley Saw and how to fix it. I also learnt how to cut the glass, the best way to cut glass, and what to do if you don’t make a straight cut with the glass cutter. I learnt how to make a frame to suit our photos.

















2 comments:

  1. Awesome photo Emily! I've always wanted to be able to take professional photos, but have never had the chance. You're so lucky (and good)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, your photos are fantastic. You really capture the personalities of your subjects; I love the photos you took on our Shrek mufti day. Learning how to frame them yourself really adds another dimension to your project.

    What is your next step? I'm excited to see one of your photos framed.

    Mrs C-M

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. We love hearing from you!

8C